Network Performance Monitoring is a critical part of an enterprise’s infrastructure. It is responsible for maintaining service levels for the business and the customer.
Ideally, network performance monitoring solution should:
- Manage network performance monitoring functions from one central point.
- Monitor multiple levels and degrees within network.
- Base dashboards/alerts on exception reporting.
- Be easy to interpret.
- Be real-time in nature.
- Have tools available from that central monitoring station to quickly analyze and remediate issues as they occur.
- Provide proactive functionality such as capacity and/or performance forecasting.
- Be reasonably priced.
Edison Group was asked to perform a compare-and-contrast study between SolarWinds NPM 12 and HPE NNMi, based on four decision criteria categories:
- Organizational Viability
- Technical Requirements
The results of this study can be found here.